师者说2020 | 瑞莎•米希(Risa M. Mish):这个项目会让你挑战建立不同经验促使自己学习与原有经验不同的新主题

2020年06月15日
信息来源:
浏览次数:
打印

教授介绍

Risa Mish is professor of practice of management at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. She designed and teaches the MBA Core course in Critical and Strategic Thinking, in addition to teaching courses in leadership and serving as faculty co-director of the Johnson Leadership Fellows program.

She has been the recipient of the MBA Core Faculty Teaching Award, selected by the residential program MBA class to honor the teacher who "best fosters learning through lecture, discussion and course work in the required core curriculum"; the Apple Award for Teaching Excellence, selected by the MBA graduating classes to honor a faculty member who "exemplifies outstanding leadership and enduring educational influence"; the "Best Teacher Award", selected by the graduating class of the Cornell-Tsinghua dual degree MBA/FMBA program offered by Johnson at Cornell and the PBC School of Finance at Tsinghua University; the Stephen Russell Distinguished Teaching Award, selected by the five-year MBA reunion class to honor a faculty member whose "teaching and example have continued to influence graduates five years into their post-MBA careers"; and the Globe Award for Teaching Excellence, selected by the Executive MBA graduating class to honor a faculty member who "demonstrates a command of subject matter and also possesses the creativity, dedication, and enthusiasm essential to meet the unique challenges of an EMBA education."

Mish serves as a keynote speaker and workshop leader at global, national, and regional conferences for corporations and trade associations in the consumer products, financial services, health care, high tech, media, and manufacturing industries, on a variety of topics, including critical thinking and problem solving, persuasion and influence, and motivating optimal employee performance.

Before returning to Cornell, Mish was a partner in the New York City law firm of Collazo Carling & Mish LLP (now Collazo Florentino & Keil LLP), where she represented management clients on a wide range of labor and employment law matters, including defense of employment discrimination claims in federal and state courts and administrative agencies, and in labor arbitrations and negotiations under collective bargaining agreements. Prior to CC&M, Mish was a labor and employment law associate with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in New York City, where she represented Fortune 500 clients in the financial services, consumer products, and manufacturing industries. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court and state and federal courts in New York and Massachusetts.

Mish is a member of the board of directors of Smith Bucklin Corporation, the world's largest trade association management company, headquartered in Chicago and Thera Care Corporation, headquartered in New York City. She formerly served as a Trustee of the Tompkins County Public Library, Vice Chair of the board of directors of the Community Foundation of Tompkins County, and member of the board of directors of the United Way of Tompkins County.

 


师者说 | Risa M. Mish

This program challenges you to build on that experience
这个项目会帮助你积累不同经验

and push yourself to learn in new subjects,
促使自己学习新学科,
 
and new dimensions from classmates whose experience differs from yours.
并从不同领域背景的同学身上学习到新视角。
 
Once you become a graduate of this program,
一旦成为这个项目的毕业生,
 
you become part of the broader network of Cornell University alumni
你便成为康奈尔大学庞大的校友网络的一部分
 
that is hundreds of thousands of people all around the world.
联系到全世界成千上万名校友。
 
So to the current students what I mainly want to say is
那么我想对目前的学生说的是
 
thank you for exceeding my very high expectations that I had of you.
我原本对你们的期望已经很高了,
但要感谢你们超出了我的期望。
 
You came to class and engaged fully and passionately every single day.
你们每一天来上课都充满热情地参与其中。
 
You learned that it was okay to disagree with each other
你们了解到每个人都可以持有不同的观点
 
and even with me.
哪怕是和我意见不同也无妨。
 
So long as you had a well thought out argument to underscore your position.
只要你的论点经过深思熟虑并足以支持你的立场。
 
It was one of the extraordinary privileges of my career
to teach you, and to know you.
为你们上课,与你们相识
是我职业生涯中的一大荣幸。
 
To the incoming class.
对即将来上课的人我要说的是。
 
Get ready.
请做好准备。
 
Bring your best self every single day to class.
每天都带着最佳状态来上课。
 
Come ready to advance your ideas,
准备好提出自己的想法,
 
to listen to the ideas of others,
倾听他人的想法,
 
to engage fully.
全身心投入。
 
Argument is not necessarily a bad thing
辩论不一定是一件坏事
 
if it's done respectfully and thoughtfully,
只要在彼此尊重、深思熟虑的氛围下进行,
 
every day of class that's what we're going to do,
这正是我们每一节课所倡导的,
 
and when you leave us,
而当你们学成后,
 
you will be prepared to advance your ideas
你们将要准备好提出自己的想法
 
to persuade,
去说服他人,
 
to influence,
影响他人,
 
to lead.
领导他人。

 


           

近期活动

2024级第五批招生截止日期

2024级第五批招生截止日期

11月10日|清华五道口报名服务系统