师者说2020 | 玛琳•奥哈拉(Maureen O‘Hara):​我们真正在努力打造商业领袖

2020年05月19日
信息来源:
浏览次数:
打印

教授介绍
 
Maureen O'Hara is the Robert W. Purcell Professor of Finance at the Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University, and she also holds a professorship at the University of Technology Sydney. She holds degrees from the University of Illinois (BS economics) and Northwestern University (MS economics and PhD finance), as well as honorary doctorates from Facultés Universitaires Catholiques à Mons (FUCAM), Belgium, Universität Bern, Switzerland, and University College Dublin.

Professor O'Hara's research focuses on issues in market microstructure, and she is the author of numerous journal articles, as well as the classic book, Market Microstructure Theory (Blackwell: 1995). Recent research looks at the how ETFs affect market stability, liquidity issues in corporate bond markets, and transaction costs in bitcoin. Dr. O'Hara also publishes widely on a broad range of topics, including banking and financial intermediaries, law and finance, experimental economics, and finance and ethics (her book "Something for Nothing: Arbitrage and Ethics on Wall Street" was recently published; Norton:2016). Professor O'Hara has served as president of the American Finance Association, the Western Finance Association, the Financial Management Association, the Society for Financial Studies, and the International Atlantic Economic Society. She was the executive editor of the Review of Financial Studies, and co-editor of the Review of Asset Pricing Studies.

Professor O'Hara serves on the Board of Trustees of Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association (TIAA). She spent more than a decade on the board of directors of Investment Technology Group, Inc. (ITG), a global agency brokerage firm, most recently serving as chairman of the board. She also served on the board of directors of New Star Financial, a commercial finance company recently sold to First Eagle. She is currently an advisor to Symbiont IO, a fintech company focused on distributed ledger technology. She was a member of the CFTC-SEC Emerging Regulatory Issues Task Force (the "flash crash" committee), the global advisory board of the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), and the advisory board of the Office of Financial Research, U.S. Treasury. Most recently she served on the SEC Equity Market Structure Advisory Board.

She has consulted for a number of companies and organizations, including Facebook, Microsoft, Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, the New York Stock Exchange, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, and the World Federation of Exchanges. 
 

 

师者说 |  Maureen O‘Hara
 
I think the core value of any program that Cornell was involved in is
我认为康奈尔大学参与的任何项目的核心价值在于
 
we are really trying to create business leaders
我们真正在努力打造商业领袖
 
who are going to bring not only the technical skills that you are gonna need in the future.
他们可以带来的不仅仅是你将来需要用到的技术技能。
 
But we need the skills to understand what motivates people:
但是我们还需要技能来了解什么能激励人们:
 
How do you lead?
你如何领导?
 
How do you work in groups?
如何在团队中工作?
 
How do you get the best out of yourself?
如何充分发挥自己的作用?
 
and how do you get the best out of your colleagues?
以及如何充分发挥同事的作用?
 
This is a great opportunity.
这正是一个绝佳的机会。
 
They come here excited to learn.
人们激动不已地来到这里学习。
 
They come here ready to learn and become a new people,
来到这里学习然后焕然一新,
 
and I've just seen that time and time and time again.
我看到这些事情一次又一次地发生。
 
Every woman who is coming out of our Tsinghua-Cornell program is a star and they are a leader. 
每一位参加我们清华-康奈尔(双学位金融MBA)项目的女士都是佼佼者,也是领导者。 
 
And we're preparing you to do that.
我们将帮助你通过行动实现这个目标。
 
So if we prepare you to do that
所以当我们为你实现目标做好准备的时候
 
and you just sit there,
如果你只是坐在那里,
 
then you’ve wasted your time.
那么你就是在浪费自己的时间。
 
So that's my hope that
所以我所希望的是
 
the women who were preparing in this program or thinking about this program
所有在为这个项目做准备或是考虑参与这个项目的女士
 
that's what they want too,
这个目标也是她们所期盼的
 
they want to be the stars and leaders that we are preparing them to be.
她们渴望在将来可以成为佼佼者和领导者
我们将会不遗余力地帮助她们实现这个目标。
 

近期活动